Re: [HACKERS] Add support for tuple routing to foreign partitions

From: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Maksim Milyutin <milyutinma(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Add support for tuple routing to foreign partitions
Date: 2017-11-24 13:03:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(2017/10/27 20:00), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> Please find attached an updated version of the patch.

Amit rebased this patch and sent me the rebased version off list.
Thanks for that, Amit!

One thing I noticed I overlooked is about this change I added to
make_modifytable to make a valid-looking plan node to pass to
PlanForeignModify to plan remote insert to each foreign partition:

+ /*
+ * The column list of the child might have a different
column
+ * order and/or a different set of dropped columns than that
+ * of its parent, so adjust the subplan's tlist as well.
+ */
+ tlist = preprocess_targetlist(root,
+ child_parse->targetList);

This would be needed because the FDW might reference the tlist. Since
preprocess_targetlist references root->parse, it's needed to replace
that with the child query before calling that function, but I forgot to
do that. So I fixed that. Attached is an updated version of the patch.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment Content-Type Size
tuple-routing-to-foreign-partitions-v5.patch text/plain 61.3 KB