Re: meson logs environment

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: meson logs environment
Date: 2023-02-26 20:50:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2023-02-26 Su 12:59, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2023-02-20 20:47:59 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> I've noticed that `meson test` logs the complete environment in
>> meson_logs/testlog.txt. That seems unnecessary and probably undesirable for
>> the buildfarm client.
> It doesn't seem unnecessary to me, at all. It's what you need to rerun the
> test in a precise way.

Well, clearly I'm not the only person who is concerned about it - see
the upstream issue Nazir referred to. In any case, I have got a
procedure in my meson buildfarm client for filtering the inherited
environment to accomodate this verbosity, so there's no need to do
anything else here.

cheers

andrew

--