Re: archive modules loose ends

From: "Li, Yong" <yoli(at)ebay(dot)com>
To: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: archive modules loose ends
Date: 2024-01-15 12:21:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Nov 29, 2023, at 01:18, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> External Email
>
> Here is a new version of the patch with feedback addressed.
>
> --
> Nathan Bossart
> Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com

Hi Nathan,

The patch looks good to me. With the context explained in the thread, the patch is easy to understand.
The patch serves as a refactoring which pulls up common memory management and error handling concerns into the pgarch.c. With the patch, individual archive callbacks can focus on copying the files and leave the boilerplate code to pgarch.c.

The patch applies cleanly to HEAD. “make check-world” also runs cleanly with no error.

Regards,
Yong