Re: interface differences in the 7.0.3 version

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Lonnie_Cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: interface differences in the 7.0.3 version
Date: 2001-03-06 15:57:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

lonnie <Lonnie_Cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> The problem that we are finding is that PostgreSQL 7.0.3 does not seem
> to be downward compatible with previous releases of PostgreSQL. What I
> mean to say is that we have been looking at some database web
> applications such as "www-sql" and "MetaHTML" to handle the database
> connection to our data.

> Both of these products are open source and say that they will function
> with PostgreSQL, but it turns out that they seem to connect bu do not
> return any data with this 7.0.3 version of PostgreSQL.

Someone else recently reported problems with www-sql. I downloaded it
and took a quick look, but didn't see any obvious reason why it wouldn't
work. I don't really have the time or interest to actually play with
it, though. If you want to dig into this question and find out exactly
*why* it's not working, perhaps we can do something about it.