Re: Fix for OpenSSL error queue bug

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, David Zuelke <dz(at)heroku(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Fix for OpenSSL error queue bug
Date: 2016-04-08 18:12:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 04/07/2016 09:36 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 6:08 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
>> I wish we could avoid the huge, repeated comment blocks. Perhaps we could
>> put them at the top of the files once?
>
> I'm fine with that. Do you want to take care of that, or should I?

I have committed this so that the comments are only in the first
instance in each file. I think that should give enough information to
someone who is curious about the details of the error handling.

Also, I have adjusted this so that we check for n<0 after SSL_read and
SSL_write, as you had in the frontend code but not in the backend code.