Obsolete comment in postgres_fdw.c

From: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Obsolete comment in postgres_fdw.c
Date: 2016-03-14 03:35:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Here is the comments for foreign_join_ok in postgres_fdw.c:

/*
* Assess whether the join between inner and outer relations can be
pushed down
* to the foreign server. As a side effect, save information we obtain
in this
* function to PgFdwRelationInfo passed in.
*
* Joins that satisfy conditions below are safe to push down.
*
* 1) Join type is INNER or OUTER (one of LEFT/RIGHT/FULL)
* 2) Both outer and inner portions are safe to push-down
* 3) All foreign tables in the join belong to the same foreign server
and use
* the same user mapping.
* 4) All join conditions are safe to push down
* 5) No relation has local filter (this can be relaxed for INNER JOIN,
if we
* can move unpushable clauses upwards in the join tree).
*/

The condition 3 is now checked by the core, so I'd like to remove that
condition from the above comments.

In addition, I'd like to update some related comments in
src/include/nodes/relation.h and src/backend/optimizer/path/joinpath.c.

Attached is a patch for that.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment Content-Type Size
update-umid-related-comments.patch application/x-patch 2.2 KB