Question about DROP TABLE

From: Michal Novotny <michal(dot)novotny(at)trustport(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question about DROP TABLE
Date: 2016-01-12 10:57:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear PostgreSQL Hackers,
I've discovered an issue with dropping a large table (~5T). I was
thinking drop table is fast operation however I found out my assumption
was wrong.

Is there any way how to tune it to drop a large table in the matter of
seconds or minutes? Any configuration variable in the postgresql.conf or
any tune up options available?

PostgreSQL version used is PgSQL 9.4.

Thanks a lot!
Michal