Re: Building PostgreSQL in Eclipse on Windows

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Building PostgreSQL in Eclipse on Windows
Date: 2016-01-12 02:21:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On 1/11/2016 5:32 PM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
> Can anyone help me figure out how to run/debug PostgreSQL in Eclipse
> on Windows? This is a cross post with
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34733991/building-postgresql-in-eclipse-on-windows
> :
>
> I'm trying to build|PosgreSQL|in Eclipse CDT....

wait, are you trying to USE postgres on Eclipse on Windows, or BUILD it
? I would use the enterprisedb build of postgres-for-windows, and
then you just need to install the appropriate postgresql jdbc jar file
into Eclipse to be able to use it from your Eclipsed based development.

> I ran|./configure --prefix=$HOME/project --enable-depend
> --enable-cassert --enable-debug|and it seems to have completed with no
> errors,*but I do not see anything at|$HOME/project|?*

that just sets up the makefiles... you now need to `make` and `make
install` to build postgres, then put its binaries in your 'prefix' path.