Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Catalin Iacob <iacobcatalin(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, YUriy Zhuravlev <u(dot)zhuravlev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL mailing lists <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date: 2016-01-11 15:47:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/11/2016 03:31 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> We can argue about if it's actually an easier management interface ;)

(as long as it is manageable via email as well as web?)

> I'd agree with Robert in that it will cause some more such bickering --
> but only because the discussions become visible to a new group of people
> as well. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But thinking that having
> such an issue tracker is actually going to help *get rid of* the
> pointless part of things is a nice dream, but just a dream. The only
> advantage I can see of it is to increase the visibility of them.

Oh, I think you are right there. My point is that we have the ability to
better manage that inforomation. We can mark something as a bug, feature
request, approved feature, feature in development etc... Things become
much more contextually aware.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/ 503-667-4564