Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Catalin Iacob <iacobcatalin(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, YUriy Zhuravlev <u(dot)zhuravlev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL mailing lists <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date: 2016-01-11 03:31:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/10/2016 06:19 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

[snip]

No arguments with what was written above.

> If we had an "issue" tracker rather than a bug tracker, I'd expect a
> lot more unproductive bickering.

This I disagree with. It wouldn't be any worse than we have now. An
issue tracker (if it is a good one) becomes the forum, whether you use
an email or web interface. So expect at least as much banter as there is
on lists but with a much easier management interface.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/ 503-667-4564