Re: Compiler warnings fix

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiler warnings fix
Date: 2009-01-27 04:14:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> There are same warning on vaquita in buildfarm.
>> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=vaquita&dt=2009-01-26%20210011&stg=make

> Wouldn't we be better off using defined(ENABLE_NLS) instead of
> defined(LC_MESSAGES) ?

No, because the purpose of that #if is to prevent choking on the
references to LC_MESSAGES if it's not defined. Whether ENABLE_NLS
is defined is 100% orthogonal to that.

Given the current usage it seems that the only way to avoid the
"'IsoLocaleName' defined but not used" warning is to compile it
conditionally on LC_MESSAGES as well as WIN32. I agree that's
kind of ugly, but that's what the usage is.