Re: 8.4 release planning

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.4 release planning
Date: 2009-01-27 04:16:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

All,

FWIW, I'll comment that what we're seeing here is nothing new. We have:

--One invasive patch which everybody (myself included) procrastinated on
reviewing even though we got it early, and:

--One "must have" big complex patch which arrived very late in the
development cycle.

These are our two reasons for every release delay I can think of. In
prior releases, HOT, PITR, Windows, etc., all presented the same issues.

--Josh Berkus