Re: Loggingt psql meta-commands

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: oleg yusim <olegyusim(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jerry Sievers <gsievers19(at)comcast(dot)net>, Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Loggingt psql meta-commands
Date: 2015-12-10 22:03:31
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/10/2015 01:36 PM, oleg yusim wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> What I hope to achieve is to meet this requirement from Database SRG:

So some aspect of this:

https://www.stigviewer.com/stig/database_security_requirements_guide/

Can you be more specific?

> /Review DBMS documentation to verify that audit records can be produced
> when privileges/permissions/role memberships are retrieved./

That is a tall order, that is an almost constant process.

> /
> /
> To do that I would need to enable logging of such commands as \du, \dp,
> \z. At the same time, I do not want to get 20 GB of logs on the daily
> basis, by setting log_statement = 'all'. So, I'm trying to find a way in
> between.

Any way you look at this is going to require pulling in and analyzing a
great deal of information. That is why I asked for the specific
requirement, to help determine exactly what is being required?