Re: Erroneous cost estimation for nested loop join

From: Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: kawamichi(at)tkl(dot)iis(dot)u-tokyo(dot)ac(dot)jp, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Erroneous cost estimation for nested loop join
Date: 2015-11-09 10:37:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09/11/15 23:08, kawamichi(at)tkl(dot)iis(dot)u-tokyo(dot)ac(dot)jp wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I’ve been using Postgres for research at an university,
Great!

[...]
> ・Postgres 9.4.1
[..]

More knowledgeable people are sure to reply in more detail!

However, they would probably appreciate it if you can run with 9.4.5
(the latest released version). Running it with the beta of 9.5 would be
a bonus!

Note that I don't know enough to say for sure that later versions would
make any difference in this case, but at least using later later
versions would kill lots of Red Herrings! :-)

Cheers,
Gavin