Re: Erroneous cost estimation for nested loop join

From: KAWAMICHI Ryoji <kawamichi(at)tkl(dot)iis(dot)u-tokyo(dot)ac(dot)jp>
To: Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Erroneous cost estimation for nested loop join
Date: 2015-11-12 08:21:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

<GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz> wrote:

> More knowledgeable people are sure to reply in more detail!
>
> However, they would probably appreciate it if you can run with 9.4.5
> (the latest released version). Running it with the beta of 9.5 would be
> a bonus!
>
> Note that I don't know enough to say for sure that later versions would
> make any difference in this case, but at least using later later
> versions would kill lots of Red Herrings! :-)

Difference between minor versions does not matter in this case. I confirmed
the cost calculation logic regarding this problem was not changed between
Postgres 9.4.1 and 9.4.5.

I heard there are some performance improvements on 9.5. It might change
something regarding this problem. so I will try these queries on 9.5!

Thanks
Ryoji