Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
Date: 2015-10-26 20:25:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

On 10/14/15 6:41 AM, Victor Wagner wrote:
> 1. It is allowed to specify several hosts in the connect string, either
> in URL-style (separated by comma) or in param=value form (several host
> parameters).

I'm not fond of having URLs that are not valid URLs according to the
applicable standards. Because then they can't be parsed or composed by
standard libraries.

Also, this assumes that all the components other than host and port are
the same. Earlier there was a discussion about why the ports would ever
need to be different. Well, why can't the database names be different?
I could have use for that.

I think you should just accept multiple URLs.