Re: Cannot connect to database

From: Lennin Caro <lennin(dot)caro(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, PamOzer <pozer(at)automotive(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Cannot connect to database
Date: 2010-10-13 19:17:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

From: Ozer, Pam <pozer(at)automotive(dot)com>
Subject: [ADMIN] Cannot connect to database
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 2010, 4:48 PM

All of a sudden yesterday my Postgres Service stopped on my
local connection.  I was able to restart the service in PGAdmin but now I can’t
connect to the database through PGAdmin.  My application can still connect but I
can’t.  It keeps asking for my password and I enter it but it keeps
saying authentication failed.  Is there anyway around this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pamtry to connect to console with postgres user and change the password of database user