Cannot connect to database

From: "Ozer, Pam" <pozer(at)automotive(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Cannot connect to database
Date: 2010-10-13 16:48:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

All of a sudden yesterday my Postgres Service stopped on my local
connection. I was able to restart the service in PGAdmin but now I
can't connect to the database through PGAdmin. My application can still
connect but I can't. It keeps asking for my password and I enter it but
it keeps saying authentication failed. Is there anyway around this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pam