Re: preprocess_targetlist and inheiritance

From: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: preprocess_targetlist and inheiritance
Date: 2015-04-22 07:04:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2015/04/22 0:43, Stephen Frost wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 21, 2015, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com
> <mailto:alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>> wrote:

> Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Tom, all,
> >
> > Looks like preprocess_targetlist() should have been adjusted
> with the
> > changes to ExecBuildAuxRowMark() to support foreign tables
> being part
> > of inheritance trees (cb1ca4d800621dcae67ca6c799006de99fa4f0a5) to
> > also include the tableoid regardless of the rowMark type, if the
> > relation is the parent of an inheritance tree.
>
> Uh, this patch was already submitted separately:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/552CF0B6.8010006@lab.ntt.co.jp

> Oh, excellent. Looks like the discussion agrees that it makes sense to
> do and the RLS case didn't involve any foreign tables yet still ran into
> the issue.

IIUC, I think the issue would be raised when performing SELECT FOR
UPDATE/SHARE on an inheritance set the parents and childs of which are
all foreign tables, or when performing UPDATE/DELETE involving such an
inheritance set as a source table. Probably, I think your new
RLS-with-inheritance regression tests include such a query.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita