Re: How about to have relnamespace and relrole?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com
Cc: andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How about to have relnamespace and relrole?
Date: 2015-03-28 22:59:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/10/2015 04:42 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> Thank you for the correction.

>> Might I suggest:
>>
>> Note: The OID alias types do not completely follow transaction
>> isolation rules. The planner also treats them as simple constants,
>> which may result in sub-optimal planning.
> Looks far simple and enough.
> The note has been replaced with your sentence in the attached patch.

I have just claimed this as committer in the CF, but on reviewing the
emails it looks like there is disagreement about the need for it at all,
especially from Tom and Robert.

I confess I have often wanted regnamespace, particularly, and
occasionally regrole, simply as a convenience. But I'm not going to
commit it against substantial opposition.

Do we need a vote?

cheers

andrew