Re: WIP: multivariate statistics / proof of concept

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: multivariate statistics / proof of concept
Date: 2015-03-24 10:24:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

On 03/24/15 06:34, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:

> Sorry, not shown above, the *previous* t1 had been done "alter table
> t1 add statistics (a, b, c)". Removing t1 didn't remove the setting.
> reiniting cluster let me do that without error.

OK, thanks. My guess is this issue got already fixed in my working copy,
but I will double-check that.

Admittedly, the management of the stats (e.g. removing stats when the
table is dropped) is one of the incomplete parts. You have to delete the
rows manually from pg_mv_statistic.

Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/