Re: Patch to support SEMI and ANTI join removal

From: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Patch to support SEMI and ANTI join removal
Date: 2015-02-13 07:57:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/13/15 8:52 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 8:23 PM, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> As the patch stands there's still a couple of FIXMEs in there, so there's
>> still a bit of work to do yet.
>> Comments are welcome
>>

> Hm, if there is still work to do, we may as well mark this patch as
> rejected as-is, also because it stands in this state for a couple of months.

I didn't bring this up before, but I'm pretty sure this patch should be
marked "returned with feedback". From what I've understood, "rejected"
means "we don't want this thing, not in this form or any other". That
doesn't seem to be the case for this patch, nor for a few others marked
"rejected" in the currently in-progress commit fest.

.m