Re: ssl tunneling in postgres 8.1

From: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: "P Kapat" <kap4lin(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ssl tunneling in postgres 8.1
Date: 2008-11-19 08:22:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

PK,

Sorry about that I should have elaborated on the optional in that article. I'll update that article with this if this works for you.

There is actually nothing magical about 5432. Its just that if you have the ports the same on local and remote, you just need one forwarding rule. If you are forwarding to different ports - then you need a rule to go one way and a rule to go the other way.

Anyrate to fix your problem - your tunneling should look something like this

R5432 -- > localhost:5433
L5433 --> localhost:5432

Hope that clarifies it.

Thanks,