Re: [DOCS] Stats views and functions not in order?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Stats views and functions not in order?
Date: 2023-01-02 08:17:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 08.12.22 03:30, Peter Smith wrote:
> PSA patches for v9*
>
> v9-0001 - Now the table rows are ordered per PeterE's suggestions [1]

committed

> v9-0002 - All the review comments from DavidJ [2] are addressed

I'm not sure about this one. It removes the "see [link] for details"
phrases and instead makes the view name a link. I think this loses the
cue that there is more information elsewhere. Otherwise, one could
think that, say, the entry about pg_stat_activity is the primary source
and the link just links to itself. Also keep in mind that people use
media where links are not that apparent (PDF), so the presence of a link
by itself cannot be the only cue about the flow of the information.