getting an user-defined data type definition

From: Jose Antonio <jatorreblanca(at)estudiantes(dot)uci(dot)cu>
To: am-central-pug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: getting an user-defined data type definition
Date: 2013-12-03 15:01:57
Lists: am-central-pug

Hi list,

I'm working with exportation and importation of procedural function in
postgresql-8.4, and the most of the time those functions return a setof
of and user-defined data type, and this is cool when you export it but,
what happen if I try to import and that data type is not defined on the
destination database? So, I would like to know if there is a way which
one I can get the definition of those user-defined data type, basically
I'm talking about: CREATE TYPE AS......

Waiting for your help...