Re: dynamic shared memory

From: Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dynamic shared memory
Date: 2013-09-26 18:45:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 9/26/13 8:27 AM, Noah Misch wrote:

>> >That seems reasonable. It's not totally transparent what that's
>> >supposed to mean, but it's fairly mnemonic once you know. Other
>> >suggestions welcome, if anyone has ideas.
> I like the concept and have no improvements on the name.
>
>> >Are there any other likely candidates for inclusion in that directory
>> >other than this stuff?
> pg_xlog

Isn't it also pointless to backup temp objects as well as non-logged tables?

Or is the purpose of pg_local to be a home for things that MUST NOT be backed up as opposed to items where backing them up is pointless?
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect jim(at)nasby(dot)net
512.569.9461 (cell) http://jim.nasby.net