Re: Configurable location for extension .control files

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Configurable location for extension .control files
Date: 2013-06-10 19:07:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> *I* don't want that at all. All I'd like to have is a postgresql.conf
>> option specifying additional locations.
>
> Same from me. I think I would even take non-plural location.

I don't personally see a reason for plural locations, but it would be
nice if it recursed (that is, looked for .so's in subdirectories). My
reason for this is that I work on applications which have in-house
extensions as well as public ones, and I'd like to keep the two
separated by directory.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.