Re: [v9.3] writable foreign tables

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [v9.3] writable foreign tables
Date: 2013-03-03 14:15:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 02/08/2013 01:03 AM, Kohei KaiGai wrote:
> The attached patch adds Daniel's reworks on make_modifytable
> invocation, and add a short comment on add_base_rels_to_query(). Rest
> of portion has not been changed from the previous version.
How's this looking for 9.3? On-list discussion seems to have been
positive but inconclusive and time's running out. Do you think this can
be turned into a production-worthy feature in the next week or two?

A quick look at the patch shows that it includes reasonable-looking
documentation changes. I didn't see any regression test suite changes,
though; either I missed them or that's something that probably needs
addressing.