Re: Considering Gerrit for CFs

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Considering Gerrit for CFs
Date: 2013-02-08 15:04:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On 2/6/13 4:07 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> I think one of them has, now: Gerrit. http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/

I find Gerrit pretty useful, and I would support trying it out.

I suggest, build it and they will come, or not. Let people push their
patches into Gerrit and attach the reviews to the commit fest items. If
reviewers then want to use that, it's their choice. We'll see how it goes.

You don't need to replace the commitfest app (if that's what you were
getting at), and Gerrit isn't an issue tracking system anyway.