Re: CommitFest #3 and upcoming schedule

From: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CommitFest #3 and upcoming schedule
Date: 2012-12-09 18:47:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 9.12.2012 16:56, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 16 November 2012 07:20, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Project guidelines now ask each patch submitter to review patches of the
>> same number and approximate complexity as they submit. If you've submitted
>> some items to the CommitFest, please look at the open list and try to find
>> something you can review.
>
> The deadline for 9.3 is looming and many patches have not yet been reviewed.
>
> I'm sending a public reminder to all patch authors that they should
> review other people's patches if they expect their own to be reviewed.
>
> Simply put, if you don't help each other by reviewing other patches
> then the inevitable result will be your patch will not be neither
> reviewed nor committed.

IMHO many of the patches that are currently marked as "needs review" and
have no reviewers, were actually reviewed or are being discussed
thoroughly on the list, but this information was not propagated to the
CF page.

Not sure how to fix this except for updating patches that I've reviewed
and urging the others to do the same.

Tomas