Re: idle in transaction query makes server unresponsive

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: idle in transaction query makes server unresponsive
Date: 2012-09-25 21:12:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On 09/25/12 1:35 PM, Scot Kreienkamp wrote:
> The problem is how do I investigate this when PG is entirely unresponsive? Why is it becoming unresponsive, and how do I prevent the PG server from becoming unresponsive?

I think I'd push that 9.1.latest upgrade ASAP, and then see if this
problem continues. been a pile of critical fixes since 9.1.2, to whit...
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-9-1-3.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-9-1-4.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-9-1-5.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-9-1-6.html