Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set
Date: 2022-03-31 05:25:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> There's still about a third of the buildfarm running older
> client releases --- I count

> 2 REL_8
> 2 REL_10
> 13 REL_11
> 6 REL_12
> 16 REL_13.1
> 89 REL_14

Wait a minute ... actually, what's most relevant here is
the population running TAP tests, which seems to be

2 REL_8
4 REL_11
1 REL_12
7 REL_13.1
53 REL_14

So there are still some people we'd have to nag if it doesn't
work pre-v14, but fewer than I thought --- specifically,
the owners of

butterflyfish
copperhead
eelpout