Re: Please consider using Maven

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: thomas(at)koch(dot)ro, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please consider using Maven
Date: 2012-08-03 00:07:45
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 08/03/2012 01:11 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> I would have no problem publishing to maven if someone wants to do the
> work to make it happen.

I work with Maven a lot and like it. Mostly. I thought about trying to
Mavenize the JDBC driver a while ago but before I proposed it here I
took at look at the build.xml and decided it wasn't so important after
all ;-)

PgJDBC has all that that funky business for handling different JDBC
levels and compilation with different JDKs. It's not especially
challenging to do with Maven, but it complicates things a bit. When I
last looked I didn't know enough about Maven to be able to tackle it.

Knowing that you're OK with moving it over to Maven is interesting. If
I'm ever feeling the lack of pain and suffering in my day to day
development I might give the conversion a go ;-)

--
Craig Ringer