Re: Signed Applet : how ? (was: Connect Socket problem)

From: Didrik Pinte <dp(at)adhocsolutions(dot)com>
To: rodrigobaroni(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Signed Applet : how ? (was: Connect Socket problem)
Date: 2003-06-20 07:30:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

At 17:22 6/19/2003 -0300, Rodrigo F. Baroni wrote:
> Hello all , again
>
> I had got a problem to connect with my database
>(postgres, in a remote linux redhat 8.0) using a
>Applet: "java.net.SocketPermission
>XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:5432
>connect, resolve".
>
> I got 2 ways to resolve this:
>

> 1) Editing jre/secutiry/java.policy and granting
>permission to this - worked!; and
>
> 2) To use signed Applet.
>

> Does anybody knows how to do this ? ... packing the
>classes at a jar, sign the jar , .. ?
>
> Any suggests will be very welcome.

Here is the page I used to sign my first Applet. It is not very simple but
if you follow the steps explained in the document, you will succeed.

http://java.sun.com/security/signExample12/

Regards

Didrik Pinte

**** DISCLAIMER ****
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information
which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property
rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.
total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form)
by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
and delete the material from any computer.
Thank you for your cooperation.