Re: Database creation problem

From: "P(dot) Jourdan" <pippo(at)videotron(dot)ca>
To: "Pierre-Alexis Paquin" <papaquin(at)i2m(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database creation problem
Date: 2002-04-23 17:13:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

At 05:45 PM 4/23/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>I think it's a problem of rights of the user. It seems like I'm not
>allowed to create this base.
>When i'm connect myself in superuser, nothing's happened too !

I had the same problems. I am quite new to this, but will try to suggest:
You are right it is a problem of user rights. The superuser is not the
superuser of the OS, but of PostgreSQL.
Check to see what rights the users have.
You can get more info at
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?user-manag.html
and you'll probably have to use ALTER USER to get the right permissions.
pgAdmin2 or webmin are nice applications that can help.
Hope this helps.
Philip