Database creation problem

From: "Pierre-Alexis Paquin" <papaquin(at)i2m(dot)fr>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database creation problem
Date: 2002-04-23 15:45:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello I'm trying to create a database from a dump file.

First I'm connect under the template1 database and try to make : createdb -e LATIN1 xxxxx
to create the xxxx database.
A error message appeared : create database : source database "template1" is being accessed by other users
createdb : database creation failed

I think it's a problem of rights of the user. It seems like I'm not allowed to create this base.
When i'm connect myself in superuser, nothing's happened too !

thanx for help
Pierre-Alexis