system catalog

From: Jean-Michel Zigna <jzigna(at)cls(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: system catalog
Date: 2003-11-05 17:02:46
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

I'm tying to connect to an 7.3.4 postgres instance on a redhat 7.3 server
after the creation and start of the database server using the port 5433
(5432 is used by postgres 7.1).

The command is : psql test -p 5433 (where test is the name of the database
I have created)

The following error message appears :

psql : FATAL : Database "test" does not exist in the system catalog.

Something is probably missing in my installation but I didn't find my
message in the documentation.

Thank you for your Help.

Regards.

Zigna Jean-Michel.