PostGIS: Type 'geometry'does does not exist

From: "Carlos Ho Shih Ning" <cning(at)atech(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostGIS: Type 'geometry'does does not exist
Date: 2003-11-05 19:52:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I am trying to use postgis with the source code attached (The one provided in the distribuição pack postgis-0.7.5).
The trouble is that it fails to recognize the geometry type.
Could you please tell what is missing in my installation such as lib, jar, etc?

I am using RedHat 9, PostGreSQL 7.3, and postgis-0.7.5 with the corresponding Driver pg72jdbc2.jar

I am not sure if this off-topic but I am desperate to get it running.

Thanks in advance
Carlos