Re: Fwd: Re: unicode in 7.1

From: Culley Harrelson <culleyharrelson(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: unicode in 7.1
Date: 2001-09-11 18:39:38
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Ack! I guess I am hitting this problem....

I had my database rebuilt to use UNICODE encoding. Data now appears
correctly in pgsql but not when filtered through JDBC. Unfortunately Im
using the open source DbConnectionBroker connection pooling object and I
have to dig into this to apply the fix. It is suprising to me that JDBC
has a problem with a database using UNICODE encoding?!? I obviously don't
understand the internals of this stuff <grin>

culley