Re: pgmonitor on solaris

From: Roberto João Lopes Garcia <roberto(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgmonitor on solaris
Date: 2001-03-26 20:40:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

At 16:53 26/03/01, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>OK, let's stay away from ucb ps because with no user restriction, the ps
>command will take too long to be run repeatedly. Do you have gawk? Can
>you edit the script and replace the mention of nawk with gawk:
>
> if { ... nawk ...} {
> set awk "gawk" <--------------
> }
>
>and let me know how it works.

Sorry, do not work!

Get gawk 3.0.6, compile and test OK! From command line gawk OK! change set
awk "gawk" in all ifs to be sure it will use gawk - don't show! change
again to include path to gawk: set awk "/usr/gnu/bin/gawk" - don't show!

I know litle awk and tcl but, to me, it is ps not returning any postgres
proccess. Is there an away to see the ps result, like set an enviroment
variable (PS_RESULT1, PS_RESULT2, PS_RESULT2)

Sorry I can not setup an SSH account for you in this machine! It is an
internal server.

Roberto