Re: pgmonitor on solaris

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Roberto João Lopes Garcia <roberto(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgmonitor on solaris
Date: 2001-03-26 20:51:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> At 16:53 26/03/01, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >OK, let's stay away from ucb ps because with no user restriction, the ps
> >command will take too long to be run repeatedly. Do you have gawk? Can
> >you edit the script and replace the mention of nawk with gawk:
> >
> > if { ... nawk ...} {
> > set awk "gawk" <--------------
> > }
> >
> >and let me know how it works.
>
> Sorry, do not work!
>
> Get gawk 3.0.6, compile and test OK! From command line gawk OK! change set
> awk "gawk" in all ifs to be sure it will use gawk - don't show! change
> again to include path to gawk: set awk "/usr/gnu/bin/gawk" - don't show!
>
> I know litle awk and tcl but, to me, it is ps not returning any postgres
> proccess. Is there an away to see the ps result, like set an enviroment
> variable (PS_RESULT1, PS_RESULT2, PS_RESULT2)
>
> Sorry I can not setup an SSH account for you in this machine! It is an
> internal server.

OK, seems it is not only awk that is the problem. Can you start
removing the sort and cut sections. In fact, remove both of them and see
if you get any output. You can add:

puts stdout $var

to print the value of $var in the TCL code. This may help you manually
find the cause.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us