SQL question for SQL Gurus

From: "database beginner" <ableafs1(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL question for SQL Gurus
Date: 2002-02-12 08:28:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello SQL experts and gurus, I am currently working on an employee database
in DB2 and I need to create a VIEW to augment my table with one column.
Basically this is a simple employee database and the new column should
contain the word 'MANAGER' for employees who manage someone and 'EMPLOYEES'
for employees who manage no one.

is creating a view like this even possible? if so does anyone have any ideas
on how to create it? thanks.