Re: [HACKERS] Regarding GSoc Application

From: "Atri Sharma" <atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "'John R Pierce'" <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Regarding GSoc Application
Date: 2012-04-11 06:26:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

>see dblink ofr an example API
>http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/dblink.html
>
>the 'pljava fdw functions' are the publicly visible pljava functions
>implementing your api... while my 'pljava code' are additional
>functions/methods you use internally that aren't visible externally

Hi John,

Thanks for the link and advice.

Ok,now I think I got your point.The Pl/Java FDW functions are what are used
for the public FDW API....while Pl/Java code actually does the job,but it is
hidden from the user.The user actually never gets to talk to the SQL part of
the FDW,so he cannot cause much harm,right?

If my understanding is correct,I think it will be a sweet solution.

Please let me know your opinion.

Atri