Re: Partitioned tables and covering indexes

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Jaime Casanova <jaime(dot)casanova(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Partitioned tables and covering indexes
Date: 2018-04-12 13:47:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks to everyone, this part is pushed. I will waiting a bit before pushing
topic-stater patch to have a time to look on buildfarm.

Alvaro, could you add a comment to CompareIndexInfo() to clarify why it doesn't
compare indoptions (like DESC/ASC etc)? It doesn't matter for uniqueness of
index but changes an order and it's not clear at least for me why we don't pay
attention for that.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/