Re: doc: pg_trgm missing description for GUC "pg_trgm.strict_word_similarity_threshold"

From: Ian Barwick <ian(dot)barwick(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: doc: pg_trgm missing description for GUC "pg_trgm.strict_word_similarity_threshold"
Date: 2019-06-07 15:02:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 6/7/19 9:00 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 03:44:14PM +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>> BTW while looking GUC variables defined in trgm_op.c the operators in
>> each short description seems not correct; there is an extra percent
>> sign. Should we also fix them?
>
> Both of you are right here

I did notice the double percent signs but my brain skipped over them
assuming they were translatable strings, thanks for catching that.

> and the addition documentation looks fine to me (except the indentation).

The indentation in the additional documentation seems fine to me, it's
the section for the preceding GUC which is offset one column to the right.
Patch attached for that.

> The fix for the parameter descriptions can be back-patched safely as they
> would reload correctly once the version is updated.

Yup, they would appear the first time one of the pg_trgm functions is called
in a session after the new object file is installed.

> Or is that not worth bothering except on HEAD? Thoughts?

Personally I don't think it's that critical, but not bothered either way.
Presumably no-one has complained so far anyway (I only chanced upon the missing
GUC description because I was poking about looking for examples of custom
GUC handling...)

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
Ian Barwick https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
doc-pg_trgm-guc-format.patch text/x-patch 1.5 KB