Re: Duplicated Keys in PITR

From: Ygor Degani <ygordegani(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Duplicated Keys in PITR
Date: 2009-08-20 19:22:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> How are your duplicate keys being generated? Is there a unique index on
them?
They are generated during recover. Yes, there is a unique index.

> Are the keys there if you use a sequential scan or only if you use an
> index to look them up?
I used a sequential scan.

>Have you been running 8.3.5 the whole time or were you running older
>8.3 releases for some of the time? Why aren't you running 8.3.7 --
>there are known bugs in 8.3.5 though none which look to be related.
I can migrate for version 8.3.7, but it will fix my problem?

>How long has the archive been running, is it feasible to give someone
>the backup and complete archives going back to when it was taken?
At least 6 months. This database has 270GB. Soon, it is impossible to use
pg_dump, because the restore takes around 22 hours to finish.

>Can you dump the pages with the bad keys using the pageinspect contrib
>module? Do you need instructions on how to do that?
Yes. I do.

Thanks,

Ygor Degani

--