Re: Draft release notes complete

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Vik Reykja <vikreykja(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Draft release notes complete
Date: 2012-05-10 12:45:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 05/10/2012 08:28 AM, Vik Reykja wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net
> <mailto:andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>> wrote:
>

> On 05/10/2012 08:11 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>
> I'm not really sure why you've listed Daniel Farina as a
> co-author of the pg_stat_statements normalisation feature. He
> did a good job of reviewing it, but he didn't actually
> contribute any code.
>

> It looks like reviewers have been given credit throughout.
>

> Which could be good incentive to become more involved in reviewing for
> some people.

Right, but I think it would be good to identify them explicitly as
reviewers if we're going to include the names. Otherwise it could enable
people to claim authorship of something they did not in fact author, and
even without that would dilute the claim to authorship of the actual
author(s).

cheers

andrew