Re: How to know there is any ODBC Driver installed in the Linux redhat 5.7 server? Thanks

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: leaf_yxj <leaf_yxj(at)163(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to know there is any ODBC Driver installed in the Linux redhat 5.7 server? Thanks
Date: 2012-05-04 17:36:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On 05/04/2012 10:23 AM, leaf_yxj wrote:
> I tried test the ODBC driver. I failed and I was told I should install the
> odbc driver manager to configure the ODBC driver first, then I can test the
> ODBC drive. And the following ODBC driver were installed on my server :
> psqlodbc-08.02.0400 psqlodbc-08.03.0400 psqlodbc-09.00.0200
> psqlodbc-08.02.0500 psqlodbc-08.04.0200
>

> Please give me some help of the ODBC driver, Should I install the ODBC
> driver manager? something like data direct???

First, are you sure you want the Driver Manager on the Linux server not
the Windows clients?

Second if you are looking for Linux Driver Managers, the two I know of are:

unixODBC
http://www.unixodbc.org/

iODBC
http://www.iodbc.org/dataspace/iodbc/wiki/iODBC/

Third there is a Postgres list dedicated to ODBC:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com