Re: PG 9.1 Windows 7 64-bit pgAdmin says all pgAgent jobs fail

From: Guy Rouillier <guyr(at)burntmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG 9.1 Windows 7 64-bit pgAdmin says all pgAgent jobs fail
Date: 2012-03-06 09:51:57
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 3/5/2012 7:26 AM, Dave Page wrote:

>>> And the step output?
>>

>> I think you are referring to the "Output" column in the Statistics tab.
>> That column is completely blank for all tests.
>
> Can you confirm from the server log (on the server on which the step
> runs), that the step does actually run or not?
>
> Assuming it does, try running pgAgent with the log level increased to
> WARNING to see if anything shows up there.

Ok, I finally figured this out. The step does run; using the sample job
I provided, the table is updated with the current date. In my original
post, I provided the output of a DEBUG run; that should have had at
least as much detail as WARNING, yes?

At any rate, the problem was (drum roll...) I neglected to put a commit
after my update statement in the job step SQL. After doing so, the job
and step are both successful.

So now the only thing odd is that the update actually *was* committed,
even the job indicated it had failed. I say this because the updated
value persisted between reboots.

Thanks for persisting, Dave.

--
Guy Rouillier