CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER in SQL pane (pgAdmin 1.14.1)

From: Julius Tuskenis <julius(at)nsoft(dot)lt>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER in SQL pane (pgAdmin 1.14.1)
Date: 2011-12-15 13:39:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

After installing pgAdmin 1.14.1 I have noticed that CREATE CONSTRAINT
TRIGGER statements are shown in SQL pane when selecting table from
treeview. Is this done on purpose?
Frankly, I find no real use of statements like:
CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER "RI_ConstraintTrigger_73501293"
AFTER DELETE
ON b_dok
FOR EACH ROW
EXECUTE PROCEDURE "RI_FKey_cascade_del"();

I think the constraint triggers should not be shown (at least by
default). They might be a good thing for debugging but not for
administrating the DB. I support the opinion stated in
http://www.pgadmin.org/support/faq.php :

"
<...>
pgAdmin III considers constraint triggers as an internal implementation
detail, not interesting for the common administrator. In fact, CREATE
CONSTRAINT TRIGGER is for backward compatibility only, and shouldn't be
used in newer scripts any more. Some tools (e.g. pgAdmin II) imply this,
by showing a ADD CONSTRAINT when reverse engineering, while actually the
constraint information in the database is missing.
Run the adddepend script, which can be found in the backend's sources
contrib/adddepend directory. [AP]"

I'd be glad if they disappeared from the SQL pane.

pgAdmin 1.14.1
WinXp SP3
PostgreSQL 8.3.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (Gentoo
4.3.2-r3 p1.6, pie-10.1.5) 4.3.2

--
Julius Tuskenis
Head of the programming department